The Dance Macabre
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dance Macabre

The Dance Macabre is a Play by Post for White Wolf's Vampire the Requiem. The game setting is in the city of Detroit. please no users under 16.

You are not connected. Please login or register

An offer He Can't Refuse (Atten: lucan taris)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin

Charles sat at his large wooden desk going between buiness papers and making arrangments for court. his movements were not frantic but his face said that was consentating heavily on what he was reading.

He also would Glance down at the speaker on his desk he wanted to see Mr. Taris and get what he needed to tell him quickly so that he could focus on more important work.

https://dancemacabre.rpg-board.net

elyk21

elyk21

Admin wrote:Charles sat at his large wooden desk going between buiness papers and making arrangments for court. his movements were not frantic but his face said that was consentating heavily on what he was reading.

He also would Glance down at the speaker on his desk he wanted to see Mr. Taris and get what he needed to tell him quickly so that he could focus on more important work.

after the call of the prince i make my way up to his office decloaking my self as i enter the chambers of the prince. you ask of my presence baron(as i greet him with a jeshjer of bawing)

Admin

Admin
Admin

The Prince is unamused the this so called entrance and the Title the man called him Charles straightens himself up with a serious look on his face and walks over and stands nose to nose with the German looking at him right in the eye.

"Mr. Taris, I do not take kindly to Kindred appearing from no where in my quarters unannounced I Highly suggest that you do not do that again."

The Prince usually had a friendly demeanor but this was inexcusable he would have to have a talk with his security later.

"Also Mr. Taris I do not take kindly to referring to me as something less than my station you will Remember that I am Prince you may refer to me as your highness, your Grace, or your majesty anything less is unacceptable at this time, consider this as a warning."

Charles broke eye contact and moved back to his desk and chair and takes a seat.

"You have insulted my twice already tonight Mr. Taris, for the rest of this meeting I suggest you tread carefully... Please have a seat."

The Prince gestures toward the chair in front of his desk it is obvious that this is not a request.

elyk21

elyk21

lucan thinks two him self that he ment no afens a misplasment of tital to the price. and his gard did need a look through any way.

my apologes majisty(walks over and sits in chair) a stat dimener he has and consaling him self to memory of the third Reich,

i shel not in trud in such a way again.
humbaly awaits the princes word

Admin

Admin
Admin

The Prince makes himself more comfortable in his chair his friendlier side becomes more prevalent again.

"Ah and one more thing when you enter Elysium you will not conceal your beast. However that is minor, something I will make that clear to the rest of the Domain in time."

He tilts his head to the side examining the man.

"I have heard much about you Mr. Taris, and your exploits as a...Hitman was it?"

elyk21

elyk21

ahh yes i will let my beast show

oh those exploits i see, yes most of my exploits had been in that stile but some more personal, more plesure

and they reached notes of your ears prince?
i am suprised, i have not done so many or so great? if i may impose. noding his headtword the prince in humbal thoughts

Admin

Admin
Admin

The Prince leans back in his chair.

"I try to know the Kindred of my city to the best of my ability."

He says the very mater of factly and drops it there. though he comes across friendly he is almost unreadable in what he is thinking.

"Explain to me what you mean by personal or pleasure. To what end are you willing to get your job done and how loyal are you to your Clients?

Black Quirks and eyebrow in wait for a response.

elyk21

elyk21

i raise my head to answer.

by personal and pleasure some job were not enough pay but the targets were people that i did not care for and any pay to just dispose of them was extra,

said with a slight grin.

then my demeanor changes toward strict business

and my resolve to finish the job is great if paid, and employer of any note for his claims of pay, i will finish my work as soon and efficient as i am able to, with in
the clients wishes of course

and to the fact of loyalty, trust decides that factor, if the client is trust worthy then i am to, those who are known to cross get crossed i will not be an unwilling pawn in a game of chess.

and if you prince speak of employment
with questioning look
i would be loyal to such a noble prince

if that is your wish?

as i bow to recognize my respect and await reply

Admin

Admin
Admin

Charles sits and listens to all the Hitman has to says nodding every so often in interest when the Man asks about Employment he does not answer is question he seems to be a man who does not reveal his plans until he ready to reveal them and not any time sooner. He continues to probe.

"What is your preferred method of getting your jobs done, loud and savage, Quite and Quick? Do you investigate your target before moving in? Finally..."

The prince leans in a little though his face still unreadable.

"Though it seems you have much experience in being the Killer what about the Protector? What is your method of security and do you have any Experience in Security?"

elyk21

elyk21

ahhhh i prefer a quiet approach to my targets silent till the strike and i do investigate them, there schedule habits
when there most vulnerable for the quick kill, only in dire circumstances do i need to be out in the open or if my client wants to show to any that they dont care how they handle business as long as it gets finished,

now guarding, protecting, i have some experience in this to my skills in perception and readiness to strike have been use to protect clients to more fare and in between be it items of worth or power, people if they dont want to show there hand.

i stop and look at the prince

excuse me for my long winded answers prince i like to be thorough in my expiation's

as i wait for word from the prince

Admin

Admin
Admin

Charles smiles,

"No ,No there is no issue I would rather you be long and thorough in your response than giving a lack of important details."

he then stands and moves toward the window that looked of the city or Detroit.

"The reason I have asked you is as you may be aware I plan on having Court soon. Though the basic positions of the domain have been filled I have not filled all of them."

Charles turns back toward Lucan.

"Many know that the sheriff is more often than not the Keeper of the Law in the Domain. However less know that every so often a prince will appoint a kindred to be his personal body guard and enforcer. Where the Sheriff is usually the leading policing force of the domain, the Prince's Hound is the Prince's Enforcer and protector who above the reach of the sheriff, his deputies, or his hounds and will answer to the Prince himself."

Charles returns to the table and leans on it looking right in the Eyes of the Man across from him.

"I find myself in need of a Hound Mr.Taris, you are Unaligned meaning you do not have to please leaders of the various covenants in the city. From what you have told me you are highly experienced in both Enforcement and Protection. So can I rely on loyalty to look out for my and the cities best interests?"

12An offer He Can't Refuse (Atten: lucan taris) Empty ahh the true question Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:21 am

elyk21

elyk21

i stair back at the noble man and nudge a smirk
you can rely on me for this honorable post,
i would need details on just what my duties
are, more importantly in what manner would you like me to perform them? what i need to observe in your realm of rule, who is who,
where,and when.
as many thoughts go threw my mind i pick the essential ones and the basic one(whats in it for me?)

and the manner of compensation?

with a questioning look...

Admin

Admin
Admin

"As of right now your first duty is at the upcoming Court. you will be in charge of security it will be your duty to protect me and the other guests at the event and make sure that no unwanted guests come in. we will go over other responsibilities after court."

Charles returns to a more serious manor unamused by man's audacity to demand payment for a duty to uphold the domain.

"Your Payment is the Title, and the Rights and Liberties the Title Bestows upon you. you are not bound by the same laws that the rest of the Kindred of This Domain. In some respect you are above the laws so long as it is at my will. you have the resources of the realm if I allow it."

Then Charles Leans in further to the Kindred across from him, Making sure that his point is made.

"This is not a Job in the way you know it. This is a duty to the city something that must done to uphold and maintain the traditions and security of all Kindred of this Domain. It is your responsibility to uphold the Laws and Leader of this domain. This is an Honor that few ever receive, not some Merc job. Now are you willing to take up this responsibility or not?"

With this Charles Leans back staring at Lucan. A stare that said "Chose your next words wisely."

elyk21

elyk21

my apologizes in the words i use,
i did not mean as to disrespect this title and potion you see, the compensation i questioned was not requesting but just a question of if there were.
as you said its the potion that is the compensation.

as i try to ashore the prince there was no disrspect in my meaning
looking back with a reassuring glance and node

i stand and bow

i humbly except this honorable title of hound, i will bare my fangs and senses to meet your wishes and needs.
if it pleases you?

i straiten my self and sit again

with a look of pondering in eye
as if questions on the tung but waiting on words of the prince

Admin

Admin
Admin

The change in attitude pleased the Prince then stands clapping his hands once.

"Excellent! I will be sure to make your position known to court."

He then sits.

"Do you have any other questions; otherwise there is much I must do before court."

elyk21

elyk21

well to protect you and your guests at court i will need schematics of the building were to be held, if there is a guest list, and access to guards and there abilities. how may i obtain them?

and that is all prince

standing then bowing

Admin

Admin
Admin

The Prince Pulls out a Schematic of the United Artists Theatre Building from a drawer and put's it on the the Desk.

"There is where court is going to be held, I do not have all the names of those who will be attending just yet nor do I really expect to, for all I know there could be new Kindred coming into the city who wish to be publicly Acknowledged. There are guards at the Theater, however none of them are Kindred so they are off limits and will be dismissed for that night, I will provide a couple of ghouls to act as a security force they will report to you when you arrive. You should be the first to arrive and the last to leave. Remember above all else you are to keep me and the Barons safe."

The Prince pauses before he continues his face takes a darker look even more so than before.

"Finally, Mr.Taris, remember that your position goes beyond mear protection and security currently you are the only policing force in the city making you have all the responsibilities of the sheriff for the time being. However, when a sheriff is declared you should remember that you have other duties and I suggest that you do not enlighten anyone of those duties beyond Security.”

He pauses once again.

“If there is nothing else Archon Taris you are dismissed.”

When the Prince says “Archon” he says it with what one can sense is Congratulatory and a hit of assertion to make sure that Lucan Knew the title and what it meant…the Prince’s official Protector and “Problem solver”.

elyk21

elyk21

then i bid farewell prince i shell go over the schematics to ashore proper protection

i stand bow then exit the princes office

Admin

Admin
Admin

The Prince nods silently in reply and returns to work. When Taris exists the room Charles cannot help but smile however in the back of his mind he wondered if this Kindred would live up to his expectations, only time would tell.

The Prince then returned to his work in silence, somewhere off there was a clock ticking it was almost midnight. If one listened closely they can almost hear the sound of stringed instruments warming up preparing for their long and lonesome tune...a requiem. Let the Dance Macabre begin.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum